Monday, September 3, 2012

What do you do when you’re having a bad day???

 

So Friday was a bad day. Not that anything was particularly bad… I was just in a BAD, no good, horrible, rotten mood. So that bad day was all in my head! But I needed to do something different. I NEEDED to get out of the house.

So what did I do?

I put a $10 bill in my wallet, Grabbed a handful of change and headed out the door. I NEEDED to do some shopping :)

I made my way to a couple of local thrift stores. I wanted to walk around, talk to people and find some good deals. And of course I came across some pretty cool things!

phone dump3 038

Lovely white garden furniture! I adore the pop of color for the cushion. I could totally see this on my front porch

phone dump3 048

I have no idea why, but I fell in love with this bird cage. It’s a good thing I only had a little over $13 with me!

phone dump3 039phone dump3 041

Vintage Pyrex anyone?

phone dump3 044phone dump3 043

I can’t remember what these are called… but they’re GORGEOUS! Maybe someday I’ll get to collect all the pretty things that I fall in love with :) Or I’ll get to open the bed & breakfast I’ve always dreamed of and I can stock it full of prettiness :)

phone dump3 045

Second Amendment chest anyone? LOL

phone dump3 046

I LOVE old trunks!

phone dump3 047

$700 old coke machine? I’ll keep shopping!!

phone dump3 049

Yep! I live in Texas!!

phone dump3 050phone dump3 051

The best place to score good deals on craft supplies? Yup thrift stores! I almost never buy new! Gotta save where I can and lets face it, vintage is all the rage these days!

I stuck to my $10 and handful of change budget and only spent $14.32!! I’ll show you tomorrow what I picked up I’ve got a new project in the works and I am going to need your help :)

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for shopping! I kinda love that bird cage too! So awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your blog on Mingle Monday!

    thrift store shopping is the BEST kind of shopping! Feeds the euphoria of new things with little from the wallet!
    Love this post:)

    I am your newest follower!
    xo
    Hallie

    http://lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to have the trunk and the vintage Pyrex! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)