Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Excuse me while I smack myself in the head…

 

I find that I am all too fond of complaining about my house. Its all wood paneling, its stuck in a time warp, the carpets are icky… blah blah blah. Whine whine whine.

I know that you’re finding this hard to believe, but its true! I’m a whiner!

And as hard as this is to admit I’ve let my bad attitude effect my stewardship.

Pinned Image

I’ve had some legitimate reasons to slack off, there have been some health issues and some family emergencies arise… but I did more than just slack off. I ignored the chaos that was becoming out home.

Last night as I was emptying the vacuum for the 3rd time… it hit me! How can I ask or expect God to bless me with more? A nicer home? the funds to do the renovations we dream of?

Ahhhh… yeah…. I can’t!

So I am making the choice to change! I’ve got my lists in place, my house back in order and my priorities back in line. It might be a little hit and miss some days, but I am done making excuses! And you know what? Hubby is happier, I’m happier and I don’t have to stress about getting things done all at once. Its clean and now all I have to do is keep it that way!

GO Me!

2 comments:

  1. we've all been there! i've ridden that boat and fallen off of it too. when i feel i've lost control of my house (and my life), i just ask God to help me get back on track and miraculously i do, then i tend to refocus the more important things too. it's amazing what we can accomplish when our house is in order, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)