Tuesday, May 29, 2012

When Words Fail

 

Sunday morning I woke with an intense migraine, an ache in my soul and a burden in my heart. And of course I was late for church.

With the intense pain in my head there was no way I was going to be able to sit through church, let alone drive there. So I knew that was out. I sat down at my laptop and switched on some worship music. I’m a big fan of Pandora because I can tailor the music to suit my mood. But on this occasion the Holy Spirit decided to use it to minister to the ache in me.

This was the first song that played.

By the end of the first verse tears were streaming down my face. By the end of the second verse I was sobbing.

In that moment I ran into the arms of my savior and laid my burdens at his feet. I was stressing about my husbands job, a friend’s disappointment and hurt, and a few family issues. I could literally feel the tension building in my body, but in that moment it drained away and I was filled with an incredible peace.

Over the course of the next 2 hours I sang, prayed, and poured out my heart to God. When my words failed me, I just basked in the love of my Lord. What a feeling :)

After Mule left for work, I headed outside for a couple hours to enjoy the fresh air and cooler temperatures. I took a moment to just breathe. And once again, I was filled with peace.

toes

Psalm 36:5: "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)