Monday, May 28, 2012

Memories on Memorial Day

 

I was born and raised in Canada. For Canadians the “official day” to remember is November 11th. So this is a little different than I am used too. And of course my hubby has to work, so this Monday seems like every other.

But.. its not. It’s a chance to honor those who lay down their lives in defense of our freedoms.

My Grandfather was one of those that sacrificed so that we can enjoy the comforts and freedom that we have today.

Grandpa

My Grandpa George drove a tank for the Canadian Military during WWII. I can honestly say that he is one of the most incredible, honorable men I’ve known in my life. He passed away a few years ago, and I still miss him deeply.

I will never forget the lessons he taught me, the stories he told, or the sacrifice he made.

To all those who serve to protect my rights and freedoms, here and in Canada, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)