Monday, October 17, 2011

I Love …

 

 

BOOBIES!

 

Shocked? Well you shouldn’t be :) It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I’ve had family and friends fight against Breast cancer. Some have won, some have lost. All were incredible fighters and I stand in awe of their Strength. I lost my Nana to cancer in 2001. It started out as breast cancer. She beat the pants off it! and went into remission. Only to have it come back. She is one if the strongest most incredible woman I’ve ever known and I still miss her. She taught me most of what I know about sewing, crocheting, and being crafty and she left behind an incredible legacy.

Friends of mine back home have an amazing company called High Rise Studio. They are incredibly talented film makers and recently they released a commercial called “I Love Boobies” This hit really close to home for me. I know most of the people in it and I know some of their stories personally.

Be inspired by this! If you’re going through a cancer “situation” now my thoughts and prayers are with you. Be strong and remember the legacy you leave behind.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss :(

    I just recently discovered your blog and saw you recently moved to Texas. Where in Texas do you live. If you live near Dallas, we have a blog for us ladies here. www.lonestarladies.blogspot.com
    Come check it out!
    Kim
    www.thesasselife

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)