Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stationary Box

Since I moved to Texas, I've been sending and receiving alot of cards and letters in the mail. Mostly they've been strewn across the desk in the office and I've wanted something nice to keep them in. I also wanted a place to put cards I've made for friends and somewhere to put the stamps I seem so inclined to lose.

There has been a fairly sturdy cardboard box "hanging out" in a bin of things I refuse to throw away in case I can use it for a project (drives Mule nuts! lol). So I decided to put it to good use. I grabbed some pretty floral fabric from the stash my Mom-in-law-to-be gave me and my trusty glue gun and went to work.



I cut a piece of fabric roughly the right shape and trimmed off the extra bits as I went, useing the hot glue gune to secure it in place.



Didn't take long to get the whole thing covered.



I used a piece of self-adhesive velcro to keep the front flap of the box closed.



The Finished product... or is it?



Every time I look at my new stationary box I can't help but think its missing something. I played around with the idea of some fabric rosettes, but they didn't look right. Anyone have some ideas of what I can do to jazz this thing up a bit more?



I'm linked up here...

6 comments:

  1. It is very cute. How about just some simple silk faux flowers in the corner with a ribbon tied to them. I think that would be great. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute! You could stencil on "Stationary" or some other word with paint. I think it is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI - stationery is the correct spelling. Would you like to know how I remember? There's an "e" in the word "letter" so there has to be an "e" in the word "stationery". I think I'd put a big flower on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the idea of some pretty ribbon. I also like the idea of attaching a painted wooden knob to it that you could use to pull it open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute way to turn an old cardboard box into something pretty! I like the idea of some pretty ribbon, or maybe a cute tag/label. I'm a big fan of labels and organizing! Found your blog through the running with glitter link party, and I'm your newest follower!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think silk flowers would look good on top, really BIG ones ;) Great idea, I need to do something like that for my collection of letters :) thanks for linking up with us!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)