Friday, August 5, 2011

Sewing attempt #1

I got my sewing machine back thanks to my very handy Dad-in-law-to-be,So I thought I'd try my hand at a "simple" sewing project.


I've done some sewing in the past, but its been a year or 2.



I started with a basic hem.


Started doing some smocking. Got about 8 inches down (what I measured from another shirt I have) and then moved on to the back of the shirt. The plan was to just add some elastic and hem. Some how it went horribly wrong.



This is where my first project ended up :(


I haven't lost all hope though. I decided to try my hand and a bag/purse. I'm 3/4 of the way done and just finished sewing something on the wrong side. :S Since I don't have a seam ripper or stitch remover (what is that thingy called anyways?) I'm calling it a night. I'll finish up tomorrow after I get groceries and a seam-ripper-stitch-destroyer-thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)